East Vincent has monthly mission projects, supporting those in need in our community, and in communities around the world, including: Bethany Children’s Home, Project Outreach/Food Pantry, Church World Service kits, PACS, Phoebe Homes & St. Mary’s Shelter.
KEYSTONE MILITARY FAMILIES
The Church Ladies would like to collect for the Keystone Soldiers for Christmas again this year. Keystone Military Families has been assisting deployed troops, veterans, and military families for many years. Their goal is to provide support to the military community while preserving their dignity. We will put a box at each church for those that would like to donate. We are collecting:
– Christmas Stockings – 18″ to 24″ in size, Handmade or purchased
– Christmas hats – Santa or elf type
– Paper or plastic Christmas decorations – no glass ornaments or lights please
– Ground or instant Coffee and hot tea. Coffee creamer and sugar packets too!
– Hot chocolate or hot cider.
– Power Bars, cereal bars, trail mix, granola bars and healthy snacks
– Slim Jims, Beef or Turkey Jerky
– Sunflower Seeds & Nuts
– Individual snacks like chips, crackers, cookies, cheese/cracker kits
– Peanut Butter & Jelly – small size plastic jars
– Candy canes
– Small sewing kits and manicure kits
– Sunscreen and insect repellent,
– Chap Stick with sunscreen or Blistex
– Deodorant – travel size
– Aspirin, Tylenol, and cold meds in small packages
– 5 hour energy and similar products
– Odor Eaters (for boots), Dr. Scholl’s foot pads, blister pads
– Hand Sanitizer – small size bottles
– Men’s & Ladies calf high socks or boot socks in black or white.
– Hand and foot warmers
– Thermal gloves or glove liners
– CDs and DVDs – New or used are fine. Current releases are appreciated
– Money for shipping costs. Please!
We will be collecting items from the middle of October until the end of November. Thanks!
NEIGHBORS IN NEED (NIN) is a special mission offering of the UCC that supports ministries of justice and compassion throughout the United States. One-third of NIN funds support the Council for American Indian Ministry (CAIM). Two-thirds of the offering is used by the UCC’s Justice and Witness Ministries (JWM) to support a variety of justice initiatives, advocacy efforts, and direct service projects through grants.
Neighbors in Need grants are awarded to churches and organizations doing justice work in their communities. These grants fund projects whose work ranges from direct service to community organizing and advocacy to address systemic injustice. Funding is provided through donations to the Neighbors in Need offering.
OUR CHURCH’S WIDER MISSION
Please remember to support your church’s OCWM collection every week. East Vincent pledged $500 for the year and FirstChurch pledged $750. Be sure to mark your envelopes!
REMEMBER TO SAVE:
PENNIES FOR BETHANY – All coins and $’s accepted. Please place in “PENNIES FOR BETHANY” jar in Fellowship Hall.
TABS FROM ALUMINUM CANS – for Ronald McDonald House. Please place tabs in “TAB” container in Fellowship Hall.
ALUMINUM CANS – Place cans in corral at end of shed toward Hill Church Road. Money rec’d from recycling goes into General Fund.